Friday, April 18, 2014

Farewell, Chitra miss...

If wealth is lost, nothing is lost.
If health is lost, something is lost.
If character is lost, everything is lost.
-- Something my class teacher of Class VII used to tell us unruly kids at least once a week. Not a few times have I tormented her.

Yet, when I met her one day long after school days, she was all warmth and smiles. The one thing she told me jokingly was: "I will never forget you Harish. Nobody has made me run around as much you have." That moment, I touched her feet, seeking blessings and forgiveness for the tough times I gave her as an adolescent.

Chitra miss. Whatever little character I have, you have had an immeasurable role in moulding it during and after my days as your student.

Bless you, wherever you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment